Culinary Solvent is pure food grade ethanol designed for recipes, processes, or environments intended for internal human consumption or external topical application. Culinary Solvent is non-denatured ethanol, zero additives, a food safe product.
- Bulk orders over 20 gallons ship free via Freight carrier. FedEx and UPS also available for expedited delivery options.
- Bulk 200 proof ethanol orders packed in multiples of 5 gallon jugs.
- Bulk 200 proof also available in 55 gallon drums.
- Browse our selection of USDA Certified Organic 200 Proof Ethanol.
Why choose Culinary Solvent 200 Proof Food Grade Ethanol?
Move over swiss army knife, Culinary Solvent is the new super-tool for the kitchen, laboratory, workshop, or nursery. Pure food grade ethanol is perfect for tinctures, extracts, concentrates, perfumery, baking, confections, cooking, camping, boating, crafting used by professionals and hobbyists alike. Find out more about all of the many different people who use food grade ethanol for turning their vision into reality.
- 200 Proof Food Grade Ethanol
- 100% Ethyl Alcohol
- Distilled from 100% corn recipe.
- Contains 0% Water, (an Anhydrous Alcohol).
- Packaged in multiples of 5 gallon jugs. (Example: 55 gallons = 11 x 5 gallon jugs).
- Jug Dimensions: 11.5" Diameter, 14.5" Tall, Weight: 33 lbs.
- Jug is constructed from HDPE. 100% Recyclable and BPA free.
- Opening measures 3", cap has 3/4" NPT threaded port in center for leak proof attachment of accessories or spouts.
- Federal Excise Tax is included. No surprise charges at checkout.
Free Spout and Extra Cap Included with Purchase
Free spout and extra cap with every purchase of 5 gallons of Culinary Solvent, Limit 1 per order. The extra cap has been predrilled out, just connect and go for quick confident dispensing. Close and store your jug with original, non-drilled cap. More information on the free spout and cap. More tips and best practices for storage of Culinary Solvent.
Free Strap Wrench Included with Purchase
Your 5 gallon jug cap is sealed to DOT specifications using a torque wrench at our distillery to guarantee a leak proof transport of your ethanol. We include a free adjustable strap wrench with your purchase to ensure that you can get into your jug without need for additional tools or steps. Read instructions on how to use your free strap wrench on our blog.
- Read more about fill volumes and measuring ethanol by weight vs volume.
- What is the difference between food grade ethanol and perfumers alcohol?
- About Federal excise tax.
- About diluting 200 proof into 190 proof ethanol [Recipe]
- Download 200 Proof Ethanol SDS.
- Request a Certificate of Analysis (COA).
- Strap-Wrench Instructions - How do I open my 5 gallon jugs?
- All orders shipped direct from the distillery in Brewer, Maine, USA.
- Orders under 20 gallons ship fast via FedEx Ground or UPS. Shipping bulk requires a hazmat fee, included in the shipping price you see at checkout. Realtime tracking updates keep you posted up to delivery confirmation.
- Orders over 25 gallon ship on a pallet via LTL freight carrier. Choose "lift gate" service at checkout if you don't have a loading dock at your destination.
- An adult over 21 must sign for delivery. Read more about the adult signature requirement at delivery.
- Free Pickup at the distillery available. Schedule your pickup appointment.
- View our tips for successful order delivery for more information.
Can we ship Culinary Solvent to your State?
- View our helpful color coded map of the states we ship to. If your state requires a permit, follow the links on the map page for detailed walkthroughs and blank permit downloads.
- Contact us if your state is listed as currently not shipping and we will check on the current rules for your destination state.