Updated: December 2022 by Josh Hopkins
Buying food grade ethyl alcohol (ethanol) in New York is allowed under New York's laws with additional permit.
In order to purchase and ship Culinary Solvent to your destination in New York, business will need to obtain a permit first.
- Before completing your purchase, please read and ensure you understand New York rules and exemptions for food grade ethanol, including the links below.
- New York Consolidated Laws: http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/lawssrch.cgi?NVLWO.
- New York Regulations Specifically Referencing Food Grade Ethanol: NY ABC - Article 7 - § 91. Industrial alcohol permit.
- Obtain a permit from New York State Liquor Authority.
- Once your permit has been obtained, email your approved permit to email@example.com.
State Authority Information
Food grade ethanol is regulated by the New York Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control.
Email address: Licensing.Information@sla.ny.gov
Phone number: (518) 474-3114
Transit Time for Shipping Ethanol to New York
From our distillery in Maine to New York, your order of Culinary Solvent should arrive in approximately two business days, allowing one additional business day for fulfillment and processing time. Depending on where you live, Saturdays and Sundays are sometimes counted as business days. Ensure you or someone else 21 years or older will be available to sign for the delivery of your order! Visit our shipping and receiving page for more information. You will receive a tracking number and an estimated delivery date directly from your carrier after your order has been fulfilled at the distillery (typically within one business day after ordering).
Total estimated shipping time: two to four business days.