Buying food grade ethyl alcohol (ethanol) in Kansas is allowed under Kansas' laws with a permit for the purchase and import of nondenatured food grade ethanol.
In order to purchase and ship Culinary Solvent to your destination in Kansas, you will need to obtain a permit first.
- Before completing your purchase, please read and ensure you understand Kansas rules and exemptions for food grade ethanol.
- Obtain a Non-Beverage User License (ABC-801) or apply online at http://ksabconline.org. To obtain your permit, use the Kansas Liquor License and Instructions form and fill out any/all necessary forms. Forms can be found here: https://www.ksrevenue.org/abcnonbevuser.html; please use the links below for further instructions and information.
- Kansas Liquor License Application and Instructions (ABC-800)
- Financial Disclosure (ABC-801)
- License Bond – select either the Escrow Bond or Surety Bond below.
- Escrow Bond for Liquor Licenses Issued Under the Liquor Control Act (ABC-803)
- Surety Bond for Liquor Licenses Issued Under the Liquor Control Act (ABC-804)
- Request for Permanent Premise Approval (ABC-806)
- Submit a copy of your completed TTB Alcohol Dealer Registration (TTB F 5630.5d)
- Kansas Non-Beverage User Monthly Report of Purchases (ABC-837)
- Submit your completed documents to the appropriate authorities. Upon approval, the Kansas Alcoholic Beverage Control will issue your permit to the email address used on your application.
- Once your permit has been obtained, email your approved permit to email@example.com.
State Authority Information
Issuing authority: Kansas Alcoholic Beverage Control
Issuing authority website: https://www.ksrevenue.org/abcindex.html
Mailing address: PO Box 3506, Topeka, KS 66601-3506
Phone: (785) 296-7015
About the Non-Beverage User License
The initial license fee can be anywhere from $20 to $1,000, depending on the gallonage one wishes to purchase and import. The license must be renewed bi-annually, with a similar fee associated. A monthly report will be due on or before the 15th day of the following month in which alcohol was purchased.
After submitting your form for licensure, the wait time for approval is about one to three business days.
Transit Time for Shipping Ethanol to Kansas
From our distillery in Maine to Kansas, your order of Culinary Solvent should arrive in approximately four business days, allowing one additional business day for fulfillment and processing time. Depending on where you live, Saturdays and Sundays are sometimes counted as business days. Ensure you or someone else 21 years or older will be available to sign for the delivery of your order! Visit our shipping and receiving page for more information. You will receive a tracking number and an estimated delivery date directly from your carrier after your order has been fulfilled at the distillery (typically within one business day after ordering).
Total estimated shipping time: three to five business days.