Culinary Solvent is pure food grade ethanol designed for recipes, processes, or environments intended for internal human consumption or external topical application. Non-denatured ethanol, zero additives, a food safe product.
Also available in Certified Organic.
Why choose Culinary Solvent Food Grade Ethanol?
Culinary Solvent is 1.) Safe 2.) Proven 3.) Natural
Move over swiss army knife, Culinary Solvent is the new super-tool for the kitchen, laboratory, workshop, or nursery. Checkout the tab of suggested uses to see all of the different ways people just like you use Culinary Solvent.
- 100% ethyl alcohol (ethanol).
- 1 Gallon (128 fluid ounces)
- Packed in four (4) 32 fl oz bottles.
- Nondenatured Ethanol.
- Contains zero additives.
- Distilled from 100% corn recipe.
- Federal Excise Tax is included in the price.
Is Culinary Solvent the same as Everclear 190 proof?
Both Culinary Solvent and Everclear 190 proof are food grade ethanol products, but the similarities end there. Can you even buy Everclear at 100% ABV? Everclear is a registered trademark of Luxco, Inc and not affiliated with Culinary Solvent. Read More: Culinary Solvent vs Everclear: What is the same? and What is different?
- All orders shipped direct from the distillery in Brewer, Maine, USA.
- Shipped fast via FedEx Home Delivery or FedEx Ground. Realtime tracking updates keep you posted up to delivery confirmation.
- An adult over 21 must sign for delivery. Read more about the adult signature requirement at delivery.
Can you ship Culinary Solvent to my State?
- States we currently ship to: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Iowa, Idaho, Indiana, Georgia, Louisiana, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, West Virginia, Washington, Washington DC, Wyoming, Vermont
- Currently not shipping to: Delaware, Illinois, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Nebraska, South Dakota, Tennessee, Virginia.
- Contact us if your state is listed as currently not shipping and we will check on the current rules for your destination state.
Additional Questions about Buying 200 Proof Ethanol
Q: Can I pay extra at checkout for expedited shipping?
A: Sorry, shipping ethanol in the US is restricted to ground transport only. This restriction means faster transit options via air are not available when shipping ethanol. Read more: Can I expedite shipping for even faster delivery?
Q: What are my options if I'm not going to be home at time of delivery?
A: Consider addressing your delivery to a destination where you know some one can accept the delivery on your behalf. Due to a rule change effective 12/31/20, FedEx no longer allows orders containing ethanol to be held at a nearby location for pickup. Read more about tips for receiving your delivery.
Q: Does my state require a permit or license to buy food grade ethanol?
A: If you live in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Utah, Kansas, Oklahoma, West Virginia, New York, Maryland, Minnesota, or Vermont, you may be required to obtain a permit before we can fulfill your order. We've documented the permit process for each state in our shipping ethanol regulations blog. If your state has a permit requirement, search our site for your state's name to view a complete permit walkthrough.
Food Grade & Food Safe
Culinary Solvent is is pure food grade alcohol, containing zero additives, and uses a benzene-free process for dehydration to 200 proof ethanol. That mean's Culinary Solvent is perfect for use in the kitchen, laboratory, workshop, or nursery.
Simply put: If quality is important, and non-toxic ingredients matter, Culinary Solvent is the best choice for your next project.
- Herbal Tinctures of all varieties.
- Candy Making Applications (Hard Candy, Soft Candy, Gels, Shells, Coatings)
- Unlock Advanced Baking Applications.
- All Natural Flavor Extracts, individual or layered for one of a kind culinary creations.
- Create All Natural Food Colorings using real natural ingredients
- French Polishing and Natural "Food Safe" Wood Finishes for Luthiers
- The Ultimate Camper/Boater's Multi-Purpose Must-Have Item: Useful as an antiseptic, disinfectant, stove fuel.
- The safe, non-toxic alternative to denatured alcohols for Jeweler's, crafters, hobbyists, and professionals.
- Safe for use in kitchens, food service environments, nurseries, kennels, bathrooms, workshops, and laboratories.
- CDC recommended for killing germs and viruses.
Make Your Own Non-Toxic Homemade Hand Sanitizer
The news seems filled with reports of hand sanitizer mixed improperly with toxic ingredients or mislabeled additives. Ethyl alcohol is the ultimate alcohol for making your own natural hand sanitizer, and Culinary Solvent's pure ethyl alcohol is the perfect ingredient when making your own homemade sanitizer. View our homemade hand sanitizer page for more information.
Make Your Own Surface Disinfectant Spray
Ethyl alcohol, like Culinary Solvent, is recommended by the CDC for killing germs and viruses on surfaces. Powerful to kill germs and viruses including COVID, yet safe to use on many common surfaces including desktops, counter tops, doorknobs, access keypads, personal electronic devices and screens, the list goes on. Follow our recipe to dilute with water and extend the disinfecting spray for your dollar.
View our Disinfectant Spray Recipe page for more information.