Order more and save BIG. Gallons ship for FREE!
100% Ethyl Alcohol is the "Best Alcohol for Perfume Making".
Culinary Solvent is 100% ethyl alcohol, perfect for turning rich essential oils into safe, natural aroma experiences.
A naturally crystal clear liquid with a pleasant, neutral aroma, pure 200 proof ethanol quickly and easily blends with water and essential oils to create perfumes ranging from delicate to complex. Highly evaporative, fully customizable, and a "known" single source ingredient for confident application across all skin types, including sensitive skin.
"Nondenatured" means no toxic additives. And for the record, there are zero total additives in Culinary Solvent, just pure ethyl alcohol. Safe for use directly on your skin and body. Excellent for reed diffusers and aromatherapy applications.
Culinary Solvent is perfect for recipes, processes, or environments intended for internal human consumption or external topical application.
And that's why I say "Culinary Solvent is simply the best alcohol for perfume making, hands down!" Thanks for giving my ethanol a try, you won't be disappointed. -Scott, Founder
- 200 Proof Ethanol, 100% ABV ethyl alcohol.
- Distilled from 100% corn recipe.
- Contains 0% Water, (an Anhydrous Alcohol).
- Culinary Solvent is pure nondenatured ethanol, contains zero additives, safe for human consumption and topical applications. Learn more about denatured vs nondenatured ethanol. Although safe for consumption, please note that use as a "beverage product" is prohibited by law.
- Available Sizes: Pint (16 fl.oz.), Quart (32 fl.oz.), Gallon (128 fl.oz. packed in four (4) quart bottles), Looking for 5 gallons or more, visit our bulk collection.
- Leakproof bottle material: HDPE. Recyclable and BPA free.
- Federal Excise Tax is included in the price. No surprises at checkout.
- Also available in Certified Organic.
Corn: The Natural & Sustainable Choice for Perfumers Alcohol
100% Ethyl Alcohol from 100% Corn.
Safe, Natural, Sustainable.
When it comes to raw material used to make alcohol for perfumers, there are many choices, and each is different.. Grape, wheat, cane alcohols may each provide their own character notes to the final perfume's bouquet.
We use a 100% corn recipe for our perfumers alcohol. Corn ethanol produces the most neutral character (read aroma) profile available for perfumers seeking to start with a blank canvas for their own unique creation. Learn more about different raw materials used to make perfumers alcohol on our blog.
- Read more about fill volumes and measuring ethanol by weight vs volume.
- What is the difference between food grade ethanol and perfumers alcohol?
- About Federal excise tax.
- About diluting 200 proof into 190 proof ethanol [Recipe]
- Shipped fast via FedEx Ground or UPS. Realtime tracking updates keep you posted up to delivery confirmation.
- Choose "Residential Service" at checkout for weekend delivery to most areas.
- An adult over 21 must sign for delivery. Read more about the adult signature requirement at delivery.
- Not going to be home? Direct your package to a UPS store or email us an adult signature release for added delivery convenience.
- Free Pickup at the distillery available. Schedule your pickup appointment.
- View our tips for successful order delivery for more information.
Can you ship Culinary Solvent to my State?
- View our helpful color coded map of the states we ship to. If your state requires a permit, follow the links on the map page for detailed walk throughs and blank permit downloads.
- Contact us if your state is listed as currently not shipping and we will check on the current rules for your destination state.
Additional Questions about shipping perfumers alcohol
Q: Can I pay extra at checkout for expedited shipping?
A: Sorry, shipping ethanol in the US is restricted to ground transport only. This restriction means faster transit options via air are not available when shipping ethanol. Read more: Can I expedite shipping for even faster delivery?
Q: What are my options if I'm not going to be home at time of delivery?
A: Orders shipped via UPS can be directed to a local UPS store for convenint pickup. Customers who provide proof of age over 21 before shipment can have their order shipped without an adult signature requirement at drop off. Read more about tips for receiving your delivery.
Q: Does my state require a permit or license to buy perfumers alcohol?
A: If you live in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Utah, Kansas, Oklahoma, West Virginia, New York, Maryland, Minnesota, or Vermont, you may be required to obtain a permit before we can fulfill your order. We've documented the rules language and permit process for each state in our shipping ethanol regulations blog.
- [Blog] Is there a difference between "Culinary Solvent 200 Proof" and "Culinary Solvent 200 Proof Perfumers Alcohol?" Quick Answer: They are both same product, 100% ethyl alcohol.
- [Blog] What percentage alcohol is recommended best for making perfume? Quick Answer: Always start with 200 proof ethanol and dilute down using water to the strength required for your recipe.
- Learn more About Perfumers Alcohol.