- 200 Proof Food Grade Ethanol (100% Ethyl Alcohol & 0% Water).
- Contains 0% water. An anhydrous alcohol, the last 5% water is dehydrated out of solution using a molecular sieve. Learn more about molecular sieves on our blog.
- Distilled from 100% Corn.
Nondenatured Ethanol = No Additives
- Safe for human consumption, but not permitted for beverage use by law.
- Federal Excise Tax is included. No surprise charges at checkout!
- Packaged in One (1) x 5 gallon jug.
- Dimensions: 11.5" Diameter, 14.5" Tall, Weight: 33 lbs.
- Jug is constructed from HDPE and is BPA free.
- Opening measures 3", cap has 3/4" NPT threaded port in center for leak proof attachment of accessories or spouts.
Shipping Food Grade Ethanol Direct to You
- Ships fast via ground service. An adult over 21 must sign for delivery.
- View our Map of Shipping Rules by State.
- Orders fulfilled direct from the distillery in Brewer, Maine, USA.
- Download MSDS here.
Free Spout and Extra Cap Included with Purchase
Free with every purchase of 5 gallons of Culinary Solvent, Limit 1 per order. The extra cap has been predrilled out, just connect and go for quick confident dispensing. Close and store your jug with original, non-drilled cap. More information on the free spout and cap. More tips and best practices for storage of Culinary Solvent.
Free Strap Wrench Included with Purchase
Your 5 gallon jug is sealed to DOT specifications using a torque wrench at our distillery to guarantee a leak proof transport of your ethanol. We include a free adjustable strap wrench with your purchase to ensure that you can get into your jug without need for additional tools or steps. Read instructions on how to use your free strap wrench on our blog.
Make Your Own Homemade Hand Sanitizer
Ethyl alcohol is the ultimate alcohol for making your own natural hand sanitizer. View our suggested recipe and blog post here: Make your own hand sanitizer in 2 easy steps.
Make Your Own Natural Surface Disinfectant
Powerful to kill germs and viruses yet safe to use on many common surfaces including desktops, counter tops, doorknobs, access keypads, personal electronic devices and screens, the list goes on. Does ethyl alcohol kill germs, viruses, and bacteria? Make your own 80% ABV surface disinfectant [Recipe]. Make your own 70% alcohol solution [Recipe].
Why choose Culinary Solvent 200 Proof Food Grade Ethanol?
Whether you are a professional processor, or at home DIY specialist, Culinary Solvent 200 proof alcohol is designed for making quality food safe tinctures, botanical extracts, vanilla extracts, shellacked baked goods, and perfumery. Compare purity, quality, and % ABV to popular spirit alternatives including Everclear 190 proof, Everclear 151 proof, or Spirytus 192 proof. Culinary Solvent's consistent purity, fast delivery options, and 100% ABV is the best value hands down.
A California Nonvolatile Solvent
California Code of Regulations Title 17 classifies Culinary Solvent as a safe "Nonvolatile Solvent" based on Culinary Solvent's ethanol concentration, thereby fully meeting the requirements for California Level 1 Manufacturers (M1 license).