Make Your Own 70% Alcohol Solution [Recipe] using 151 Proof Everclear
Before you get started: This recipe is calls for using 75.5% ethyl alcohol (151 Proof Everclear) to create a 70% alcohol solution. If you didn't purchase Culinary Solvent for your disinfectant spray recipe, please check the ABV of your alcohol, and ensure you are reading the right recipe. Links to additional recipes, calling for other types and varieties of alcohols, at the bottom of this post. -Mr.Tincture
Make Your Own Disinfectant Spray from 151 Proof Everclear®
While Everclear 151 proof will kill germs and viruses at the bottled strength, we recommend using 100% ethyl alcohol vs 151 proof Everclear for making disinfectant spray. View our preferred recipe for creating homemade disinfectant spray using 100% ethyl alcohol (200 proof ethanol).
Disinfectant Spray Recipe Using 151 Proof Everclear® (75.5 % Ethyl Alcohol)
Yield: 8.5 fl oz Disinfectant Spray
Final Concentration After Mixing: 71% ABV
Important Heads up! If you dilute too much you will spread germs not kill them. Measure your ingredients when making this recipe, the health of your loved ones could be counting on it! When in doubt toss it out. Read more: How to tell the ABV of your starting alcohol (isopropyl or ethanol).
- 8 fl oz, of 190 Proof Everclear®. (Buy 95% Ethyl Alcohol Here).
- 0.5 fl oz tap water (1 Tablespoon = 0.5 fl oz).
Step 1 - In a clean spray bottle, combine the Everclear® with water. Mix well by shaking gently.
Step 2 - Store the combined Everclear® alcohol and water solution in a spray bottle for convenient measured dispensing. Store bottle away from sources of heat, spark, or direct sunlight. Mixture does not expire, contents will kill germs and viruses so long as the ABV remains above 70%. Source.
Your 70% alcohol solution is finished and ready to kill some germs and viruses. Good work!
Is Culinary Solvent and Everclear basically the same thing?
Answer: There are similarities and important differences between Culinary Solvent and Everclear. Read the official answer here.
Alternative Homemade Disinfectant Spray (80% ABV) Recipes
- Disinfectant Spray 80% ABV [Recipe] using 190 proof Culinary Solvent
- Disinfectant Spray 80% ABV [Recipe] using 200 proof Culinary Solvent
- Disinfectant Spray 80% ABV [Recipe] using 95% Ethyl Alcohol
- Disinfectant Spray 80% ABV [Recipe] using 100% Ethyl Alcohol
- Disinfectant Spray 80% ABV [Recipe] using 190 proof Everclear
- Disinfectant Spray 80% ABV [Recipe] using 99% isopropyl alcohol
- Disinfectant Spray 80% ABV [Recipe] using 91% isopropyl alcohol
- View all of our Disinfectant Spray recipes
- More information about making Homemade Hand Sanitizer
- More information about making disinfectant spray and wipes