Is Culinary Solvent the same as Everclear?
What is Everclear?
Everclear is a brand name 190 proof nondenatured grain alcohol designed specifically for use as a beverage, and manufactured by Luxco, Inc. The word "Everclear" is a trademark of Luxco, Inc, and is not related to Culinary Solvent in any way, shape, or form. Image Credit Bevmo.com.
We don't sell Everclear here, but we do sell 190 proof alcohol.
What is Culinary Solvent?
Culinary Solvent is a brand name 190 proof and 200 proof nondenatured grain alcohol packaged and sold for non-beverage use, manufactured by The Northern Maine Distilling Company.
Buy Culinary Solvent Food Grade Alcohol Here.
Culinary Solvent vs Everclear: What is similar?
- Both, Culinary Solvent and Everclear, are brands of nondenatured 190 proof grain ethyl alcohol.
- Both, Culinary Solvent and Everclear, contain zero additives, and are safe for human consumption.
- Both, Culinary Solvent and Everclear, are distilled in the USA from 100% corn.
Culinary Solvent vs Everclear: What is Different?
- The Pot Still, a Vastly Superior Distillation Method: Culinary Solvent is distilled using a pot still for superior purity, neutrality, and quality over the competition. Conversely, Everclear 190 proof alcohol is distilled using an industrial scale reflux column. While large industrial scale processes can offer discount ethanol due to their massive economies of scale, the equipment design inherently limits the purity obtained by that distillation. Only small scale pot stills with fixed batches to work through are capable of truly rectifying the distillate through removal of the heads and tails of the distillation run. Culinary Solvent is the only 190 proof alcohol and 200 proof alcohol distilled using a pot still for superior quality and purity.Culinary Solvent vs Everclear: What's different?
- Alcohol By Volume: Culinary Solvent is available in 190 proof (95% ABV) and 200 proof (100% ABV) options. Compare to Everclear's 95% alcohol content to Culinary Solvent's 100% alcohol content. Additionally, some state's further restrict the availability of high proof beverage alcohol, limited to 151 proof or 75.5% ABV. Culinary Solvent's 100% alcohol content 200 proof food grade ethanol provides customers with more of the molecule (the ethanol) that does the work for high quality botanical extractions and tinctures.
- Organic Certification: Organic Culinary Solvent is distilled using 100% organic corn and is a certified organic product by the Maine Organic Farmer's and Grower's Association. Everclear 190 proof does not offer an organic option. Customers seeking an organic alcohol to maintain the organic certification of their process find Organic Culinary Solvent the perfect organic alcohol solvent for their certified organic process. A copy of our organic certification available upon request.
- Availability: Culinary Solvent ships to most residential and business addresses in the lower 48 states, often without a permit. Even if your state currently prohibits the sale of Everclear (California, Ohio, Maine, or Florida) on the local store shelf, Culinary Solvent's non-beverage alcohol status means we can still ship to you direct. Visit our helpful list of "US State Alcohol Rules - Can we ship to your state?" to learn more about if your state laws permit the shipment of Culinary Solvent to your home or business address, visit our helpful list of States with links to more information on each.
- Convenience: No more visiting liquor stores searching for handles of Everclear, Culinary Solvent is ordered securely online using our 24/7 online store and shipped fast via FedEx ground to your direct from the distillery. If you will not be home at the time of delivery, customers may choose to have their Culinary Solvent order held at a nearby FedEx location for pickup at at time that is convenient for their busy schedule. Most all orders placed on the CulinarySolvent.com secure online store ship the same day, or the following day.
- The Right Tool for the Job: No more trade offs on ABV or proof because of state laws beverage laws. Culinary Solvent's ABV options and choice of organic or non-organic corn provide customers of every scale and project type they ability to choose the right food safe ethanol for the task at hand.
- Professional Supply Experience: Tired of explaining to your accountant that the liquor store receipts are a legit "business expense" for your operation? Ditch the box of scrap-paper register receipts and annual year-end explanation, for a more professional experience with Culinary Solvent. Expense tracking for business customers is made easy with descriptive receipts that are emailed to you directly by a reputable company. Have a special request, need to expedite the order, or wish to modify the order the purchase, we are always available to assist, in any way you need or we can think of.
- Bulk packaging and delivery: Culinary Solvent is shipped in quarts, gallons, 5 gallon jugs, and 55 gallon drums, and 270 gallon bulk totes. Everclear is capped at 1.75 liters per bottle (59 fl oz or just under 1 half-gallon). Customers seeking small or large quantities of 190 proof food grade alcohol may choose the volume of Culinary Solvent that meets the needs of their specific operation.
- The People: If you need assistance buying Everclear, Good luck getting help from the part-time liquor store clerk....what are the chances you've even ever heard of Everclear's parent company Luxco? Culinary Solvent is owned, operated, and distributed internally by a passionate team of engineers, distillers and overall ethanol experts. The people that make Culinary Solvent are the ultimate guarantors of quality of your food grade alcohol, and are available to assist or contact when you need them. Contact us here.
- Cost Savings of 15%, or more, over Everclear: The average price to buy Everclear 190 proof in the US is currently $31 for 1.75 liter (59 fl oz) for a total cost of $0.52 per fl oz. Compare directly to 5 gallons of Culinary Solvent for $300 for a cost per fl oz of $0.46 for a savings of 15% over Everclear! The bulk volume discount increases with the order size. Save over 77% over Everclear when purchasing Culinary Solvent in bulk.
Shop here for Culinary Solvent 190 proof and 200 proof Food Grade Ethanol here.
- Browse complete food grade ethanol selection.
- 1 Quart Organic 200 Proof Ethanol
- 1 Quart 200 Proof Ethanol
- 1 Gallon 200 Proof Ethanol
- 1 Gallon Organic 200 Proof Ethanol
Bulk 190 Proof Food Grade Ethanol
- 5 Gallons 190 Proof Ethanol
- 5 Gallons Organic 190 Proof Ethanol
- 5 Gallons Organic 190 Proof Ethanol
- Bulk 190 Proof Ethanol
- Bulk Organic 190 Proof Ethanol
- Is Culinary Solvent certified Organic?
- Who certifies Culinary Solvent's organic food grade ethanol?
- What will the packaging of my quart package look like upon arrival?
- What will the packaging of my gallon package look like upon arrival?
- What will the packaging of my 5 gallon jug look like when it is delivered to me?