How to obtain your Oregon "Industrial Alcohol Authority" Walkthrough Tutorial
Updated October 2021
The State of Oregon requires individuals and businesses to obtain a permit for the purchase and import of nondenatured food grade ethanol, including Culinary Solvent. Use this page as a guide to completing the permit process to purchase food grade alcohol in Oregon.
- Who must complete this form: Any resident of Oregon wishing to purchase Industrial Alcohol must complete an Industrial Alcohol Authority Permit.
- Initial License Fee: $0
- Renewal Frequency: Valid until cancelled or revoked.
- Renewal Fee: $0
- Approximate Time to Complete All Forms: 5 minutes, 1 Form
- Approximate Wait Time After Form Submission: 30 Days
- Record Keeping: Permit holders must record date and amount of all non-denatured alcohol imported into Oregon. These records must be kept for a minimum of two years from the date of import.
Blank Form Downloads
State Authority Information
- Issuing Authority: Oregon Liquor Control Commission
- Issuing Authority URL: https://www.oregon.gov/olcc/pages/index.aspx
- Mailing Address: PO Box 22297 Milwaukie, OR 97269-2297
- Phone: (503) 872-5135
Follow these steps to complete the Oregon license process:
Step 1: Download a blank copy of the Oregon Industrial Alcohol Authority Permit using the link provided at the top of the page. You can fill out this form electronically in your browser.
Step 2: Enter your business name, business trade name, physical location, and if you have a PO box enter that as well.
Step 3: Enter the name and contact information for the person who will deal with the permit.
Step 4: Enter in the name of the vendor. Then explain what you will use the industrial alcohol for.
Step 5: Read OAR 845-004-0101. Print and sign your name and date the application.
Step 6: E-mail the application to the Oregon Liquor Control Commission at OLCC.Distribution@oregon.gov.
Step 7: Wait for your approved application. If it has been more than 30 days and you have not yet received a response, inquiries on the Industrial Alcohol Authority can be made to (503) 872-5135 Monday-Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm Pacific Time.
Steps After Permit Approval
Send us your permit: Email a copy of your approved permit to Ship@CulinarySolvent.com.
Place your order: Use the secure online storefront at CulinarySolvent.com to select your product and enter your payment details.