Make Your Own Disinfectant Spray using 91% Isopropyl Alcohol [Recipe]
Before you get started: This recipe is calls for 91% isopropyl alcohol to make a disinfectant spray with an alcohol concentration of 80% ABV. If you didn't purchase Culinary Solvent for your disinfectant spray recipe, please check the ABV of your alcohol, and ensure you are reading the right recipe. Links to additional recipes, calling for other types and varieties of alcohols, at the bottom of this post. -Mr.Tincture
Make Your Own Disinfectant Spray from 91% Isopropyl Alcohol (Rubbing Alcohol)
When it comes to the healthy and safety of your family, friends, and coworkers, only the very best will do. While isopropyl alcohol will kill germs and viruses, we recommend using 100% ethyl alcohol vs 91% isopropyl alcohol for making disinfectant spray. View our preferred recipe for creating homemade disinfectant spray using 100% ethyl alcohol (200 proof ethanol).
Disinfectant Spray Recipe Using 91% Isopropyl Alcohol
Yield: 9 fl oz Disinfectant Spray
Final Concentration After Mixing: 81% ABV
Important Heads up! If you dilute too much you will spread germs not kill them. Measure your ingredients when making this recipe, the health of your loved ones could be counting on it! When in doubt toss it out. Read more: How to tell the ABV of your starting alcohol (isopropyl or ethanol).
- 8 fl oz, of 91% Isopropyl Alcohol.
- 1 fl oz tap water. (1 Tablespoon = 0.5 fl oz)
Step 1 - In a clean spray bottle, combine the 91% isopropyl alcohol with water. Mix well by shaking gently.
Step 2 - Store the combined alcohol and water solution in a spray bottle for convenient measured dispensing. Store bottle away from sources of heat, spark, or direct sunlight. Mixture does not expires, contents will kill germs and viruses so long as the ABV remains above 70%. Source.
Your disinfectant spray is finished and ready to kill some germs and viruses. Good work!
Alternative Homemade Disinfectant Spray Recipes
- Disinfectant Spray 80% ABV [Recipe] using 190 proof Culinary Solvent
- Disinfectant Spray 80% ABV [Recipe] using 200 proof Culinary Solvent
- Disinfectant Spray 80% ABV [Recipe] using 95% Ethyl Alcohol
- Disinfectant Spray 80% ABV [Recipe] using 100% Ethyl Alcohol
- Disinfectant Spray 80% ABV [Recipe] using 190 proof Everclear
- Disinfectant Spray 80% ABV [Recipe] using 99% isopropyl alcohol
- View all of our Disinfectant Spray recipes