100% Ethyl Alcohol is the "Best Alcohol for Perfume Making".
Culinary Solvent is 100% ethyl alcohol, perfect for turning rich essential oils into safe, natural aroma experiences.
A naturally crystal clear liquid with a pleasant, neutral aroma, pure 200 proof) ethanol quickly and easily blends with water and essential oils to create perfumes ranging from delicate to complex. Highly evaporative, fully customizable, and a "known" single source ingredient for confident application across all skin types, including sensitive skin.
"Nondenatured" means no toxic additives. And for the record, there are zero additives in Culinary Solvent, just pure ethyl alcohol. Safe for use directly on your skin and body. Excellent for reed diffusers and aromatherapy applications. Useful for cleaning atomizers and internal components where essential oils may collect and clog.
Culinary Solvent is perfect for recipes, processes, or environments intended for internal human consumption or external topical application.
And that's why I say "Culinary Solvent is simply the best alcohol for perfume making, hands down!" Thanks for giving my ethanol a try, you won't be disappointed. -Scott, Founder
Also, try my Perfumers Alcohol made using Certified Organic Non-GMO Corn.
Corn: The Natural & Sustainable Choice for Perfumers Alcohol
100% Ethyl Alcohol from 100% Corn.
Safe, Natural, Sustainable.
When it comes to raw material used to make alcohol for perfumers, there are many choices, and each is different. Grape, Wheat, Cane alcohols may each provide their own character notes to the final perfume's bouquet.
We use a 100% corn recipe for our 100% ethyl alcohol used for making perfume. Corn ethanol produces the most neutral character (read aroma) profile available for perfumers seeking to start with a blank canvas for their own unique creation. Learn more about different raw materials used to make perfumers alcohol on our blog.
- 100% ethyl alcohol (ethanol).
- 1 Gallon (128 fluid ounces)
- Packed in four (4) 32 fl oz bottles.
- Nondenatured Ethanol.
- Contains zero additives.
- Distilled from 100% corn recipe.
Federal Excise Tax is included in the price.
Is Culinary Solvent the same as Everclear 190 proof?
Both Culinary Solvent and Everclear 190 proof are food grade ethanol products, but the similarities end there. Can you even buy 200 proof Everclear? Everclear is a registered trademark of Luxco, Inc and not affiliated with Culinary Solvent. Read More: Culinary Solvent vs Everclear: What is the same? and What is different?
- All orders shipped direct from the distillery in Brewer, Maine, USA.
- Shipped fast via FedEx Home Delivery or FedEx Ground. Realtime tracking updates keep you posted up to delivery confirmation.
- An adult over 21 must sign for delivery. Read more about tips for receiving your delivery. Read more about the adult signature requirement at delivery.
Can you ship Culinary Solvent to my State?
- States we currently ship to: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Iowa, Idaho, Indiana, Georgia, Louisiana, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, West Virginia, Washington, Washington DC, Wyoming, Vermont.
- Currently not shipping to: Delaware, Illinois, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Nebraska, South Dakota, Tennessee, Virginia.
- Contact us if your state is listed as currently not shipping and we will check on the current rules for your destination state.
Additional Questions about shipping perfumers alcohol
Q: Can I pay extra at checkout for expedited shipping?
A: Sorry, shipping ethanol in the US is restricted to ground transport only. This restriction means faster transit options via air are not available when shipping ethanol. Read more: Can I expedite shipping for even faster delivery?
Q: What are my options if I'm not going to be home at time of delivery?
A: Consider addressing your delivery to a destination where you know some one can accept the delivery on your behalf. Due to a rule change effective 12/31/20, FedEx no longer allows orders containing ethanol to be held at a nearby location for pickup. Read more about tips for receiving your delivery.
Q: Does my state require a permit or license to buy perfumers alcohol?
A: If you live in Washington, Oregon, Iowa, Idaho, Montana, Utah, Kansas, Oklahoma, West Virginia, New York, Maryland, Minnesota, or Vermont, you may be required to obtain a permit before we can fulfill your order. We've documented the rules language and permit process for each state in our shipping ethanol regulations blog. If your state has a permit requirement, search our site for your state's name to view a complete walkthrough of How to Buy Food Grade Ethanol in California, for example.
Additional Suggested Uses
Culinary Solvent is "Food Grade" & "Food Safe"
Culinary Solvent is pure ethyl alcohol by the gallon, contains zero additives, and uses a benzene-free process for dehydration to 200 proof ethanol. That mean's Culinary Solvent is the perfect ingredient for the kitchen, laboratory, workshop, or nursery.
Simply put: If product origin knowledge is important, and non-toxic ingredients truly matter, then Culinary Solvent is the best choice for your next project. Culinary Solvent is perfect for perfumery and:
- Herbal Tinctures of all varieties.
- Candy Making Applications (Hard Candy, Soft Candy, Gels, Shells, Coatings)
- Unlock Advanced Baking Applications.
- All Natural Flavor Extracts, individual or layered for one of a kind culinary creations.
- Create All Natural Food Colorings using real natural ingredients
- French Polishing and Natural "Food Safe" Wood Finishes for Luthiers
- The Ultimate Camper/Boater's Multi-Purpose Must-Have Item: Useful as an antiseptic, disinfectant, stove fuel.
- The safe, non-toxic alternative to denatured alcohols for Jewelers, crafters, hobbyists, and professionals.
- Safe for use in kitchens, food service environments, nurseries, kennels, bathrooms, workshops, and laboratories.
- CDC recommended for safely killing germs and viruses on surfaces and hands.