- 200 Proof Food Grade Ethanol (100% Ethyl Alcohol & 0% Water).
- Contains 0% water. An anhydrous alcohol, the last 5% water is dehydrated out of solution using a molecular sieve. Learn more about molecular sieves on our blog.
- Distilled from 100% Organic Corn. Corn used is Non-GMO.
Nondenatured Ethanol = No Additives
- Safe for human consumption, but not permitted for beverage use by law.
- Federal Excise Tax is included. No surprise charges at checkout!
- Packaged in One (1) x 5 gallon jug.
- Jug is constructed from HDPE and is BPA free.
- Opening measures 3", cap has 3/4" NPT threaded port in center for leak proof attachment of accessories or spouts.
Shipping Organic Food Grade Ethanol Direct to You.
- Ships fast via ground service. An adult over 21 must sign for delivery.
- View our Map of Shipping Rules by State
- Orders fulfilled direct from the distillery in Brewer, Maine, USA.
Officially certified - Beware of "organic" impostors.
Did you know, the word "Organic" isn't allowed to go on just any product because the manufacturer thinks the ingredients are organically sourced? Actually, there is a certification process that suppliers who offer organic products must go through to ensure that the chain of custody always honors the organic designation. This means no co-mingling of organic/non-organic products, among other strict quality assurance guidelines. The agency that certifies a product as organic has inspected the facility and has approved the flow of material to ensure organic standards are up kept.
Culinary Solvent is certified 100% organic by The Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association (MOFGA.org). You can contact us here if you'd like a copy of our current year's certificate for your records.
Beware of ethanol that use the word "organic" without providing the source of the certifying agency. We recommend sourcing your ethanol as close to the distillery as possible to ensure that organic chain of custody has been maintained throughout the life of the product.
Free Spout and Extra Cap Included with Purchase.
Free with every purchase of 5 gallons of Culinary Solvent, Limit 1 per order. The extra cap has been predrilled out, just connect and go for quick confident dispensing. Close and store your jug with original, non-drilled cap. More information on the free spout and cap. More tips and best practices for storage of Culinary Solvent.
Free Strap Wrench Included with Purchase.
Your 5 gallon jug is sealed to DOT specifications using a torque wrench at our distillery to guarantee a leak proof transport of your ethanol. We include a free adjustable strap wrench with your purchase to ensure that you can get into your jug without need for additional tools or steps. Read instructions on how to use your free strap wrench on our blog.
Make your own organic homemade hand sanitizer.
Ethyl alcohol is the ultimate alcohol for making your own natural hand sanitizer. View our suggested recipe and blog post here: Make your own hand sanitizer in 2 easy steps.
Make your own organic surface disinfectant.
Powerful to kill germs and viruses yet safe to use on many common surfaces including desktops, counter tops, doorknobs, access keypads, personal electronic devices and screens, the list goes on. Does ethyl alcohol kill germs, viruses, and bacteria? Make your own 80% ABV surface disinfectant [Recipe]. Make your own 70% alcohol solution [Recipe].
- What is the difference between organic and non-organic 190 proof ethanol?
- Who (what agency) officially certifies Culinary Solvent's ethanol as "organic"?
- About Organic Ethanol For Cleaning and Sanitizing Surfaces
Why choose Culinary Solvent organic 200 proof food grade ethanol?
Whether you are a professional processor, or at home DIY specialist, Culinary Solvent 200 proof organic food grade ethanol is designed for making quality food safe tinctures, botanical extracts, hemp extractions & concentrates, vanilla extracts, shellacked baked goods, and perfumery.
Do we ship to your state?
Yes we ship to Maine, California, Florida, Ohio, Nevada, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, New Jersey, Connecticut, and New Hampshire. Some other states have permits, checkout Can we ship to your state? for more information
California Nonvolatile Solvent
California Code of Regulations Title 17 classifies Culinary Solvent as a safe "Nonvolatile Solvent", fully meeting the requirements for California Level 1 Manufacturers (M1 license).