The State of Washington requires individuals and businesses to obtain a permit for the purchase and import of nondenatured food grade ethanol, including Culinary Solvent. Use this page as a guide to completing the permit process to purchase food grade alcohol in Washington.
- Who must complete this form: Any business of Washington who wishes to purchase food grade alcohol must first obtain a Class 2 Permit (LIQ354).
- Initial License Fee: $5 or $10 depending on volume
- Renewal Frequency: Annually by June 30th of every year
- Renewal Fee: $5 to $10
- Approximate Time to Complete All Forms: 5 minutes
- Approximate Wait Time After Form Submission: 7-14 Business Days
Sample and Blank Form Downloads
State Authority Information
- Issuing Authority: Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board
- Issuing Authority URL: https://lcb.wa.gov/
- Mailing Address: Licensing & Regulation, PO BOX 43098, Olympia, WA 98504
- Phone: (360) 664-1600
Follow these steps to complete the Washington Permit process:
Step 1: Download a blank copy of your Washington State Class 2 Permit using the link provided above.
Step 2: Check the box indicating a "Class 2 Permit".
Step 3: Determine whether you will purchase more or less than 5 gallons during the permit period. Check the appropriate box.
Step 4: Fill in your business information. Then enter the name and e-mail address of the person who will represent your business for permitting purposes.
Step 5: Describe what type of business you have, how you will use the food grade alcohol, and estimate the amount of food grade alcohol you need to purchase for the current fiscal year. (Fiscal Year ends June 30th of each year)
Step 6: Print and sign your name. List your title at the business and date the application.
Step 7: Mail completed application and application fee. Make checks payable to WSLCB. Mail the application to: Licensing & Regulation, PO BOX 43098, Olympia, WA 98504
Step 8: Allow 7-14 business days for processing. If it's has been 2 weeks and you have not yet received a response, inquiries can be made to (360) 664-1600 Monday-Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm Pacific Time.
All done! Upon approval, the agency listed above will issue your permit to the email address used on your application. Follow the steps below to complete your purchase of Culinary Solvent.
Steps After Permit Approval
Send us your permit: Email a copy of your approved permit to Ship@CulinarySolvent.com.
Place your order: Use the secure online storefront at CulinarySolvent.com to select your product and enter your payment details.
Below you can find an example of the approved permit: