Nevada Rules and Regulations for Food Grade Ethanol
The following rules and regulations are applicable when buying Food Grade Ethanol as a business in Nevada. Individuals who buy Food Grade Ethanol for personal use are unregulated.
State Authority Information
- Issuing Authority: Nevada Department of Taxation
- Issuing Authority Website: https://tax.nv.gov/
- Mailing Address: 1550 E College Parkway Carson City NV 89706
- Contact: Shelly Hanson, Excise Tax Examiner II - Liquor
- Phone: (775) 684-2126
- Email: NVLiquor@tax.state.nv.us
Link to full text language governing Food Grade Ethanol in Nevada:
Chapter 369 - Intoxicating Liquor: Licenses and Taxes: https://www.leg.state.nv.us/nrs/NRS-369.html
Nevada Regulations Specifically Referencing Food Grade Ethanol:
- NRS 369.070 “Permissible person” defined.
- NRS369.340 Liquor sold to permissible persons exempt from tax.
- NRS 369.390 Rights of holder of importer’s license; transfer of liquor; permissible persons to procure permit.
- NRS 369.440 Certificates for permissible persons.
Next Steps: How to buy Food Grade Ethanol in Nevada