How to obtain your Minnesota "Permit to Purchase and/or Possess Ethyl Alcohol and/or Distilled Spirits" Walkthrough Tutorial
The State of Minnesota requires individuals and businesses to obtain a permit for the purchase and import of nondenatured food grade ethanol, including Culinary Solvent. Use this page as a guide to completing the permit process to purchase food grade alcohol in Minnesota.
- Who must complete this form: Any licensed businesses in Minnesota that wish to purchase ethyl alcohol must first obtain a Permit to Purchase and/or Possess Ethyl Alcohol and/or Distilled Spirits.
- Rules and Regulations
- Initial License Fee: $20
- Renewal Frequency: Annually, one year from the date of approval.
- Renewal Fee: $20
- Approximate Time to Complete Form: 5 minutes
- Approximate Wait Time After Form Submission: About 2 weeks
Blank Form Downloads
State Authority Information
- Issuing Authority: Minnesota Alcohol & Gambling Enforcement
- Issuing Authority Website: https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/age/Pages/default.aspx
- Mailing Address: Alcohol and Gambling Enforcement Division, 445 Minnesota Street (Skyway level), St. Paul, MN 55101-2156
- Contact: Kellie Murray
- Phone: (651) 201-7511
- Email: email@example.com
Follow these steps to complete the Minnesota license process:
NOTE: Due to Minnesota Law we are only able to ship ethyl alcohol in a minimum of 5 gallon orders.
Step 1: Open the Application for Permit to Purchase and/or Possess Ethyl Alcohol and/or Distilled Spirits.
Step 2: Click the bubble on the left of "Permit to Purchase and Posses Ethyl Alcohol"
Step 3: Fill in the name and address of your company along with the phone number.
Step 4: Write the name of your company once more and sign and date the application. Mark whether you will pay the fee with cash or check. Checks are made payable to: Alcohol and Gambling Enforcement Division
Step 5: Mail the application with your choice of payment to:
Minnesota Department of Public Safety
Alcohol and Gambling Enforcement Division
445 Minnesota Street, Suite 222, St. Paul, MN 55101
Step 6: Receive back your approved permit via mail. If it's has been more than two weeks and you have not yet received a response, inquiries can be made to (651) 201-7511 Monday-Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm Central Time.
All done! Upon approval, the agency listed above will issue your permit to the email address used on your application. Follow the steps below to complete your purchase of Culinary Solvent.
Steps After Permit Approval
Send us your permit: Email a copy of your approved permit to Ship@CulinarySolvent.com.
Place your order: Use the secure online storefront at CulinarySolvent.com to select your product and enter your payment details.