How to obtain your Montana "Request to Purchase Non-Beverage Ingredients Containing Alcohol" Walkthrough Tutorial
- Who must complete this form: Any business in Montana who wishes to purchase industrial alcohol must first obtain a Montana Request to Purchase Non-Beverage Ingredients Containing Alcohol (Form ASA)
- Rules and Regulations
- Renewal Frequency: With every order
- Fee: No fee associated
- Approximate Time to Complete Form: 5 minutes
- Approximate Wait Time After Form Submission: 1-3 Days
Blank Form Downloads
State Authority Information
- Issuing Authority: Montana Department of Revenue
- Issuing Authority Website: https://mtrevenue.gov/
- Mailing Address: PO Box 1712, Helena, MT 59624-1712
- Phone: (406) 444-6900
- Email: DORAlcoholicBeverageControl@mt.gov
Follow these steps to complete the Montana license process:
Download a blank copy of Form ASA (PDF link), and fill out the requested information as follows:
Step 1: Enter your business name and billing and shipping address along with today's date.
Step 2: Enter your contact information.
Step 3: List your business number given by the secretary of state. Then enter what type of business you have, and what purpose you are ordering industrial alcohol for.
Step 4: Fill out the table as follows:
Quantity: This is the number of individual containers
Size: This is the size of each individual container
Proof: This is the proof of industrial alcohol you are purchasing
Description: This will be either, "190 proof non-denatured ethyl alcohol", "Organic 190 proof non-denatured ethyl alcohol", or "200 proof non-denatured ethyl alcohol".
Gallons: This will be Quantity x Size = Gallons
Step 5: Enter the supplier information as shown in the image above.
Step 6: Sign and date the application.
Step 7: Submit your application to: DORAlcoholicBeverageControl@mt.gov
All done! Upon approval, the agency listed above will issue your permit to the email address used on your application. Follow the steps below to complete your purchase of Culinary Solvent.
Steps After Permit Approval
Send us your permit: Email a copy of your approved permit to Ship@CulinarySolvent.com.
Place your order: Use the secure online storefront at CulinarySolvent.com to select your product and enter your payment details.