Before you get started: This recipe is calls for 99.9% isopropyl alcohol to make an alcohol solution. If you didn't purchase Culinary Solvent for your disinfectant spray recipe, please check the ABV of your alcohol, and ensure you are reading the right recipe. Links to additional recipes, calling for other types and varieties of alcohols, at the bottom of this post. -Mr.Tincture
Make Your Own 70% Alcohol Solution using 99.9% Isopropyl Alcohol (Rubbing Alcohol)
When it comes to the healthy and safety of your family, friends, and coworkers, only the very best will do. While isopropyl alcohol will kill germs and viruses, we recommend using 100% ethyl alcohol vs 99% isopropyl alcohol, commonly referred to as rubbing alcohol. View our recipe for creating homemade disinfectant spray using 100% ethyl alcohol (200 proof ethanol).
70% Alcohol Solution Recipe Using 99.9% Isopropyl Alcohol
Yield: 10 fl oz
Final Concentration After Mixing: 70% ABV
Important Heads up! If you dilute too much you will spread germs not kill them. Measure your ingredients when making this recipe, the health of your loved ones could be counting on it! When in doubt toss it out. Read more: How to tell the ABV of your starting alcohol (isopropyl or ethanol).
- 7 fl oz, of 99.9% Isopropyl Alcohol.
- 3 fl oz tap water.
Step 1 - In a clean spray bottle, combine the 99.9% isopropyl alcohol with water. Mix well by shaking gently.
Step 2 - Store the 70% alcohol solution in a spray bottle for convenient measured dispensing. Store bottle away from sources of heat, spark, or direct sunlight. Mixture does not expires, contents will kill germs and viruses so long as the ABV remains above 70%. Source.
Your disinfectant spray is finished and ready to kill some germs and viruses. Good work!
Alternative Homemade Disinfectant Spray Recipes
- Disinfectant Spray 80% ABV [Recipe] using 190 proof Culinary Solvent
- Disinfectant Spray 80% ABV [Recipe] using 200 proof Culinary Solvent
- Disinfectant Spray 80% ABV [Recipe] using 95% Ethyl Alcohol
- Disinfectant Spray 80% ABV [Recipe] using 100% Ethyl Alcohol
- Disinfectant Spray 80% ABV [Recipe] using 190 proof Everclear
- Disinfectant Spray 80% ABV [Recipe] using 91% isopropyl alcohol
- View all of our Disinfectant Spray recipes